- Stay tuned: Priest assignments coming
- English-speaking priests minister to growing Latino population around the diocese in their own language
- Augustinian friar who once served in Maggie Valley dies aged 58
- Father Cahill celebrates 55 years of sharing God's love as a priest
- Television stolen from Our Lady of Consolation
- Photo gallery: Quo Vadis Days
- Sisters of Mercy jubilarians serve the People of God through nursing, teaching and more
- St. Matthew Church in Charlotte offers Summer Forum classes
- Newly ordained receive gifts of prayer, kneelers
- Permanent deacons celebrate jubilee anniversaries
Mercy Sister Jeanne-Margaret McNally: Just wage, social justice and care for the poor
The Christian faithful are obliged, according to Church Law (Canon 222), to assist with the needs of the Church for worship, apostolic works, charity, and the support of ministers. They are also to promote social justice and to assist the poor...Read More...
Father John Putnam: 'My God, what a life, O priest of Jesus Christ'
Tonight (Holy Thursday) we celebrate the Mass of the Lord's Supper, which celebrates the institution of the Most Holy Eucharist – Jesus present among us Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity, and the institution of the sacred priesthood, without...Read More...
What we know that ain't so: Deacon James H. Toner: Inside out, upside down
What we think is the right road I am tired of the biases, bigotry and backwardness of those who aren't bright enough to be progressive. It's time to stop the prejudice against men marrying men or women marrying women or labeling restrooms for...Read More...
Arts & Entertainment
'Living Every Day with Passion & Purpose'
Matthew Kelly coming to St. Matthew May 20 CHARLOTTE — Internationally renowned Catholic speaker, author and consultant Matthew Kelly is coming to St. Matthew Church in south Charlotte May 20. The event, entitled "Living Every Day with Passion...Read More...
'Real O'Neals' not the real deal
NEW YORK — Did you know that the Catholic Church has an evil twin? To find this doppelganger, viewers need look no further than the ABC sitcom "The Real O'Neals," which premiered March 2 and airs Tuesdays, 8:30-9 p.m. EDT. Of course, this...Read More...
'Spotlight' is not anti-Catholic, Vatican newspaper says
VATICAN CITY — The Vatican newspaper said the Oscar-winning film, "Spotlight," is not anti-Catholic. "It is not an anti-Catholic movie, as has been written, because the film succeeds in giving voice to the alarm and deep pain" experienced...Read More...