Fortnight For Freedom, Religious Liberty March in Charlotte June 27
Religious Liberty March and Prayer Vigil: Friday, June 27, in Charlotte.
March will begin at 11:15 a.m. at the parking lot at 1524 Palmer St. in Charlotte (across from the Diocese of Charlotte Pastoral Center). Instructions prior to marching will begin at 11 a.m. Arrive early to park.
The march will include preaching at Trade and Tryon streets and reciting the Litany for Religious Liberty. The Rosary and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy will be prayed in front of the Charles R. Jonas Federal Courthouse at 401 W. Trade St.
The U.S. bishops' campaign "Fortnight for Freedom: Freedom to Serve" will take place from June 21 to July 4, a time when the liturgical calendar of the Church celebrates a series of great martyrs who remained faithful in the face of persecution by political power – St. Thomas More and St. John Fisher, St. John the Baptist, Sts. Peter and Paul, and the First Martyrs of the Church of Rome. The theme of this year's Fortnight will focus on the freedom to serve the poor and vulnerable in accord with human dignity and the Church's teaching.
Resources for this year's Fortnight for Freedom are online at the Catholic Charities Diocese of Charlotte's website, www.ccdoc.org, and the U.S. bishops' website for this 14-day observance, www.Fortnight4Freedom.org.
FROM THE PASTORS
Read and listen to homilies posted regularly by pastors at parishes within the Diocese of Charlotte:
- Fr. Roger Arnsparger at St. John the Baptist in Tryon
- Fr. Frank Cancro at Queen of the Apostles
- Fr. Jason Christian at St. Thomas Aquinas in Charlotte
- Fr. Matthew Kauth at St. Thomas Aquinas in Charlotte
- Fr. Timothy Reid at St. Ann in Charlotte
- Fr. Christopher Riehl's archive from St. Thomas Aquinas in Charlotte
- Fr. Benjamin Roberts at Our Lady of Lourdes in Monroe. Listen to homily podcasts.
- Fr. Joshua Voitus at St. Mary, Mother of God Parish in Sylva, including homilies in Spanish
- Fr. Patrick Winslow at St. Thomas Aquinas in Charlotte
- Gospel reflection videos from St. Matthew Church
- Watch full Masses live and on demand, listen to homilies and reflections from Sacred Heart Church in Salisbury
- Listen and watch homilies from St. Thomas Aquinas in Charlotte
- Listen to homilies from St. William Catholic Church in Murphy