CSS' Office of Economic Opportunity wins award
ASHEVILLE — The Office of Economic Opportunity of Catholic Social Services was recently given the "Credit Where Credit is Due Award" from OnTrack Financial Education and Counseling in Asheville for its work in promoting financial literacy and foreclosure relief assistance in western North Carolina.
"Thanks to the Office of Economic Opportunity, people in Cherokee, Graham and Clay counties have access to foreclosure prevention assistance and quality financial counseling to help them achieve their financial goals," stated the OnTrack Award Citation. Pictured above are (from left) OEO CSS Far West Families First Coordinator Netta McFaddin, OEO Program Director Claudie Burchfield, OnTrack Executive Director Celeste Collins, and St. William Church Pastor and OEO Advisory Board Chair Father George Kloster.
Read more about OEO and this award at www.cssnc.org/oeo.
— Joe Purello
FROM THE PASTORS
Read and listen to homilies posted regularly by pastors at parishes within the Diocese of Charlotte:
- Fr. Frank Cancro at Queen of the Apostles
- Fr. Patrick Earl at St. Peter in Charlotte
- Fr. John Eckert at St. John the Baptist in Tryon
- Fr. Timothy Reid at St. Ann in Charlotte
- Fr. Benjamin Roberts at Our Lady of Lourdes in Monroe
- Fr. Patrick Winslow at St. Thomas Aquinas in Charlotte
- Watch full Masses live and on demand, listen to homilies and reflections from Sacred Heart Church in Salisbury
- Listen to homilies from St. William Catholic Church in Murphy