Several people graduate from JustFaith
HUNTERSVILLE — Several people have recently graduated from JustFaith Ministries 30-week program.
The graduates are Gail O'Brien of St. Matthew Church, Lynn Cialdella Kam of St. Mark Church, and Suzie Shermer and Whitney Norton of St. Peter Church. Pictured with them are co-facilitators Terri Jarina of St. Matthew Church and Tricia Vasil of Queen of the Apostles Church. Graduates not pictured are Mary Ann Brownlee of St. Peter Church and Donna Smith of St. Mark Church.
JustFaith Ministries, begun in 1991, offers extended programs that provide opportunities for Catholics to study and be formed by the justice tradition articulated by the Scriptures, the Church's historical witness, theological inquiry and Church social teaching. Programs help people experience conversion, integrating their personal spirituality with social commitment. Participants are empowered to develop a passion and thirst for justice and to express this passion in concrete acts of social ministry and advocacy in their parish and in the community.
There are plans in the Charlotte diocese to offer JustFaith groups beginning in September at St. Matthew Church in Charlotte and at Queen of the Apostles Church in Belmont. Both parishes are offering information sessions about the JustFaith program for those who would like to consider being a part of these groups. St. Matthew's information session will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, June 3. Queen of the Apostle's information session will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 12.
— Donna F. Smith
FROM THE PASTORS
Read and listen to homilies posted regularly by pastors at parishes within the Diocese of Charlotte:
- Fr. Frank Cancro at Queen of the Apostles
- Fr. Patrick Earl at St. Peter in Charlotte
- Fr. John Eckert at St. John the Baptist in Tryon
- Fr. Timothy Reid at St. Ann in Charlotte
- Fr. Benjamin Roberts at Our Lady of Lourdes in Monroe
- Fr. Patrick Winslow at St. Thomas Aquinas in Charlotte
- Watch full Masses live and on demand, listen to homilies and reflections from Sacred Heart Church in Salisbury
- Listen to homilies from St. William Catholic Church in Murphy