Symposium on marriage to be held May 5 at St. Patrick Cathedral
CHARLOTTE — In recent months, there has been a significant amount of discussion in the wider public about the Catholic Church's position on marriage and related ethical issues.
In the midst of this situation, many Catholics find themselves in a state of confusion about how to understand and discuss these topics in a meaningful way.
In order to help Catholics and others comprehend and appreciate the Church's teachings about marriage and related issues, Father Richard DeClue will offer a symposium on marriage May 5 in the Great Hall at St. Patrick Cathedral's Family Life Center from 1 to 4 p.m.
He will give three talks on the fundamental principles and reasons behind the Catholic vision of marriage to help inform attendees prior to the May 8 vote on the marriage amendment to the North Carolina state constitution.
For more information, contact the church office at 704-334-2283, ext. 424.
-- Catholic News Herald
FROM THE PASTORS
Read and listen to homilies posted regularly by pastors at parishes within the Diocese of Charlotte:
- Fr. Frank Cancro at Queen of the Apostles
- Fr. Patrick Earl at St. Peter in Charlotte
- Fr. John Eckert at St. John the Baptist in Tryon
- Fr. Timothy Reid at St. Ann in Charlotte
- Fr. Benjamin Roberts at Our Lady of Lourdes in Monroe
- Fr. Patrick Winslow at St. Thomas Aquinas in Charlotte
- Watch full Masses live and on demand, listen to homilies and reflections from Sacred Heart Church in Salisbury
- Listen to homilies from St. William Catholic Church in Murphy