Dining for friends at St. Pius X
GREENSBORO — Parishioners gathered May 19 at St. Pius X Church in Greensboro to raise money for the Triad Health Project, a non-profit organization that provides emotional and practical support to those living with HIV/AIDS.
St. Pius X Community Life Commission hosted a Dining for Friends dinner at the parish and raised more than $3,000. This was the parish's 16th year participating. The evening ended with a dessert finale at The Terrace at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex, where many churches, party hosts and guests brought their donations. Triad Health Project exceeded its goal of $106,000 for the event. For more information, visit www.triadhealthproject.com. Pictured are members of the St. Pius X Community Life Commission: Krisan Walker, Lois Von Der Goltz, Joe Bauer, Awilda DeJesus, Susan Rizzi and Ann Robinson.
— Georgianna Penn
FROM THE PASTORS
Read and listen to homilies posted regularly by pastors at parishes within the Diocese of Charlotte:
- Fr. Frank Cancro at Queen of the Apostles
- Fr. Patrick Earl at St. Peter in Charlotte
- Fr. John Eckert at St. John the Baptist in Tryon
- Fr. Timothy Reid at St. Ann in Charlotte
- Fr. Benjamin Roberts at Our Lady of Lourdes in Monroe
- Fr. Patrick Winslow at St. Thomas Aquinas in Charlotte
- Watch full Masses live and on demand, listen to homilies and reflections from Sacred Heart Church in Salisbury
- Listen to homilies from St. William Catholic Church in Murphy