Seminarians receive ministries towards priestly formation
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Three seminarians from the Diocese of Charlotte at the Pontifical College Josephinum in Columbus, Ohio, received ministries Nov. 13 as part of their ongoing formation for the priesthood.
Casey A. Coleman and Brian J. Kaup were installed as Readers, commissioned to proclaim the Word of God in the liturgical assembly and to catechize the faithful.
Paul D. McNulty was installed as Acolyte, entrusted with the duties of attending to the altar, assisting the deacon and priest at Mass, and distributing Holy Communion as an extraordinary minister.
The Institution of Readers and Acolytes took place at the Pontifical College Josephinum, during Mass celebrated by Nashville Bishop David R. Choby.
Pictured from left are: Paul McNulty, Casey Coleman, Bishop David Choby, Brian Kaup and Father James Wehner (rector).
— photo provided by Carolyn A. Dinovo and Patrick Welsh, Pontifical College Josephinum
FROM THE PASTORS
Read and listen to homilies posted regularly by pastors at parishes within the Diocese of Charlotte:
- Fr. Frank Cancro at Queen of the Apostles
- Fr. Patrick Earl at St. Peter in Charlotte
- Fr. John Eckert at St. John the Baptist in Tryon
- Fr. Timothy Reid at St. Ann in Charlotte
- Fr. Benjamin Roberts at Our Lady of Lourdes in Monroe
- Fr. Patrick Winslow at St. Thomas Aquinas in Charlotte
- Watch full Masses live and on demand, listen to homilies and reflections from Sacred Heart Church in Salisbury
- Listen to homilies from St. William Catholic Church in Murphy